Personal Contracts: Estate, Marriage, and Other Matters
Here is a sampling of common personal contracts we often draft or review:
A. Estate Planning
• Living Trusts allow for a decedent’s estate to be distributed to his or her beneficiaries without the involvement of the probate court.
• Irrevocable Trusts are instruments by which a person transfers and relinquishes full control and ownership of property to a trust.
• Last Will and Testaments relate a person’s final wishes, including the distribution of his or her property and possessions.
• Powers of Attorney appoint a representative who may act on behalf of the principal, either on a limited or general basis.
B. Marital Contracts
• Prenuptial Agreements are entered into prior to marriage, to define a couple’s ownership of their respective assets.
• Postnuptial Agreements are entered into after marriage and define a couple’s ownership of their respective assets.
• Marital Settlement Agreements are cooperative orders under which divorcing spouses agree to a division of shared property and debt, as well as issues related to support and children.
C. Other Personal Contracts
• Residential Leases stipulate the terms of the property lease arrangement between a tenant and a landlord.
• Property Deeds legally transfer ownership of real estate.
• Personal Services Agreements define the terms and conditions in the engagement of a service provider.
Contact Your Contract Lawyer
To learn more about partnership agreements and how Your Contract Lawyer might be able to assist you, please contact us via phone or the contact form on this page. If you get a chance, head over to our Yelp page to read reviews of our past work.